This week, my efforts to rein in the out of control spending in Washington and to repeal the central pillars of ObamaCare gained two big endorsements.
On Tuesday, the American Conservative Union offered their full-fledged support of the Balanced Budget Amendment that I’m introducing to get our nation’s fiscal house in order:
“The American Conservative Union is pleased to endorse your proposed Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution. ACU has long supported an amendment of this kind and the lack of one has led to unrestrained growth in federal spending and a growth in the national debt that threatens the economic security of our country.”
My amendment already has gained the support of eight senators, including Jim DeMint, and I expect more to join the fight this coming week.
Then, on Thursday, Americans For Tax Reform joined a growing coalition of organizations supporting my bills to repeal ObamaCare’s unconstitutional individual mandate and its job-killing employer mandate:
“ATR (and Senator Hatch) support a full repeal of the Obamacare law. But ATR is willing to repeal the law in pieces if it cannot be repealed all at once. The employer and individual mandates were not only bad public policy — they were two of the two dozen new or higher taxes in Obamacare.”
I hope I can count on your support in the coming days and months to help pass these important initiatives.
Senator Hatch’s Op-Eds
- Cloture Ain’t Broke, So Don’t Break It
Roll Call, January 6, 2011
- The Constitution Is Not ‘Propaganda’
National Review, January 6, 2011
TV Interviews & Clips
- Senator Hatch Discusses Issues Of The Day With Don Imus
Fox Business, January 6, 2011
In The News
- Hatch To Administration: Don’t Search For Revenue In Tax Reform
The Hill, January 14, 2011
- Hatch Vows To Fight For GOP Values
The St. George Spectrum, January 14, 2011
- ATR Supports Bills To Repeal Obamacare’s Employer And Individual Mandates
Americans For Tax Reform, January 13, 2011
- Sen. Hatch Pushing Balanced-Budget Amendment In Senate
The Hill, January 12, 2011
- St. George Airport Grand Opening ‘Historic Day For State’s Aviation History’
St. George Dixie Press, January 12, 2011
- Endorsement Of The Balanced Budget Amendment
American Conservative Union, January 11, 2011
Selected Tweets – @OrrinHatch in 140 characters or less
- My first bill is the Balanced Budget Amendment, as many of you have mentioned we need to get our fiscal house in order before other bills.
- At breakfast with some local leaders in St. George. I’m always grateful to visit Southern Utah, great people and warm.
- RT @ACUConservative: ACU Endorses the proposed Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution of @JohnCornyn & @OrrinHatch –http://bit.ly/fnGW5a
- I join every Utahn and American in condemning this senseless and brutal act of violence in Tucson. My wife, staff and I send our prayers.
- The administration better understand that IF Congress considers a debt limit increase, it should be paired with significant spending cuts.
- It’s up to Obama to pressure Senate Democrats on spending cuts, if he wants the debt limit raised. http://is.gd/kjnbk #tcot
- Had a great time with Mike Lee at his swearing in this afternoon Looking forward to a great year #utpol
Follow Senator Hatch on Twitter at twitter.com/OrrinHatch.