I’ve been working on my websites and services for a very, very long time — like 1994 “Birth of the modern Internet” time-frame.
Because of that, I get people trying to sell me things all the time. Sometimes people put in the effort to find out who I am, what I’m doing, and how they think their product/service could help me. I get it, that’s your job. You make money by selling your wares to others. I respect that.
What I don’t respect is “spray and pray”. If you’re using bulk targeting tactics to solicit to anyone and everyone, playing the percentages game, we’re probably not going to get along. Harsh? Perhaps, but life is too short and my time is too valuable to be wasted with that.
Don’t get me wrong, you might have exactly what I’m looking for, and we might be able to enter into a long-term, mutually beneficial relationship — but if you want me to consider that, there are some things you’re going to have to do:
Do Your Research
- Find out who I am and what I do,
- Figure out exactly how you think your goods and/or services will specifically benefit me,
- Prepare a proposal of the same, including line-itemized costs,
- Prepare a summary of who you’re representing, business history, type of business, how long they’ve been in business, market cap, number of customers, mean length of relationship with your customers, SLAs, satisfaction guarantees, mean time to resolution of issues, etc.,
Contact Me: Method 1 (U.S. Postal Service)
- Throw in any “swag” that you want to help show off your company into an envelope or a box:
- Client testimonials
- Branded stuff (shirts, bags, pens, notepads, etc.)
- Send all of that via Certified Mail to:
- Redoubt Solutions, LLC
PO Box 381
Newton, Utah 84327-0381
- Redoubt Solutions, LLC
Contact Me: Method 2 (Email)
- Send whatever you think your proposal is worth (minimum equivalent of USD$5 and at 0.0001 of any crypto) using the cryptocurrency of your choice:
- BTC: 14Gf5QWjsHcWMxXtpszMt6M9jyBrDdMYuy
- DASH: Xpjvoxw7xEDmhVDbMnZKDdWLPPuhsaHUaQ
- ETH: 0x68Be04b0f5F071e052076021A9Bd1a31a68E57BF
- LTC: LfmU4GRMwfUjRcdD6hQGefJagLMCk1yCav
- BCH: 1G444M9N9qkXFHPUbCLEbbfSWDmycKPqab
- BTG: GeXBoQgM88NeDpyQ6Gc79EKgr2VQgkSwj7
- XRP: rQrQMKhcw3WnptGeWiYSwX5Tz3otyJqPnq with destination tag: 1644580545
- UPBTC: 0x68Be04b0f5F071e052076021A9Bd1a31a68E57BF
- BAT: 0x68Be04b0f5F071e052076021A9Bd1a31a68E57BF
- Then, email me with the datetime and address/transaction ID of your transfer at email@example.com
Why all the hoops?
If you’re not willing to invest the time to find out how your goods/services can benefit me, I’m not going to invest the time to find out how my goods/services may benefit you.
Why Certified Mail?
Email is cheap – virtually free. Postal Mail costs money, Certified Mail costs more. You’re looking at around US$5 just to send me whatever it is you’re going to send me. I don’t see a dime of that. What I do see is that you’re willing to take the risk that I might not be interested, and you’re reasonably convinced that it’s worth that risk because you’ve made the investment to put together a package that really sells who you are and why a partnership would be mutually beneficial.
If you’re confident enough in what you’re selling and are willing to do all that, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and will review what you send me. That’s my promise. If you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, I’ll even reply with a handwritten “thanks, but no thanks” if that’s the case, so at least you’ll know I reviewed your proposal.
Sound good? Great! Talk to you soon!