Project Table of Contents
- What kind of energy should I harvest?
- City ordinance and neighborhood considerations
- Installing the tower base
- Building and securing the tower
- Building and installing the wind turbine
- Wiring up the electrical connections
- Preventing “reverse flow”
- Regulating and controlling the charge
- Dump Loads
Video of the finished Mark 2 in action
Yesterday and today we had a cold-front move in. This front brought winds out of the East South East (which is somewhat unusual, our prevailing winds are out of the due West or due South).
For the last two days my wind turbine has been spinning almost non-stop!
The vibrations from the un-balanced blades and the initial problems with the guying system appear to have been overcome and I can now say that I have a finished product atop the pole.
Next, I get to work on the electronics! Stay tuned.