One year ago this week, ObamaCare became law.
While the law has yet to be fully implemented, it’s clear that it spends too much, borrows too much, taxes too much, and undermines our liberty too much. The fiscal costs of ObamaCare alone are going to crush our economy:
- 800,000 jobs lost
- $2.6 trillion in new federal spending
- $813 billion in tax increases
- $118 billion in unfunded mandates for our states, pushing them to the brink of insolvency
To make matters worse, health care costs are projected to rise — despite promises to the contrary by President Obama and liberals in Washington.
There is no fixing ObamaCare.
The best way to fix this fundamentally broken law is to repeal it. It might not happen today or tomorrow, but ObamaCare will be repealed. That’s my promise to you.
When ObamaCare is repealed, I will work to replace it with market-based solutions that puts states — not Washington — in charge.
Please share your thoughts with me on repealing ObamaCare by replying to this email.
P.S. Please share this email with your friends and neighbors to let them know that I’m fighting to repeal ObamaCare.
Senator Hatch’s Op-Eds On Repealing ObamaCare
- New Health Law A Mistake
Salt Lake Tribune, March 23, 2011
- One Year Anniversary Of Healthcare Law No Cause For Celebration
The Hill, March 23, 2011
TV Interviews & Clips
- Debunking ObamaCare Myths
Fox News March 23, 2011
- Hatch Explains Why He Will Vote No to Fund Government
Fox News, March 18, 2011
- Hatch: Public Employee Pension Plans Face Bankruptcy If Nothing Done
U.S. Senate, March 18, 2011
In The News
- Baucus, Hatch Want Fraud Updates
The Hill, March 24, 2011
- Senator Hatch Answers Student’s Questions
Dixie Sun, March 23, 2011
- Hatch, Shurtleff: National Health Care Law Hurts Utah Businesses
KSL, March 23, 2011
- Orrin Hatch: Health Care Law Can’t Be Fixed
Politico, March 16, 2011
Selected Tweets – @OrrinHatch in 140 characters or less
- There is no fixing Obamacare. It might not happen today or tomorrow, but it will be repealed. http://bit.ly/gYdMQ5 #utpol
- Save Your Breath: No Bailouts for Irresponsible States http://t.co/CYNuhHB #utpol #tcot
- GOP targets mandatory funding for health reform law: American Medical Newshttp://t.co/CLCk1lN #utpol #tcot
- RT @thehilltweets: Hatch hosting Facebook founder on Friday in Utahhttp://bit.ly/ebGcPt
- My office has a new website! I hope you’ll take a look. www.hatch.senate.gov. #utpol #tcot
- On Wednesday reach the 1-year anniversary of ObamaCare, a bill which will bankrupt our states and should be fully repealed. #utpol
- ATR President @GroverNorquist endorses my Committee to Reduce Government Waste initiative. http://bit.ly/fIlOlZ
- Congrats to BYU! What a great game! So glad you won, had me a little worried at halftime. Jimmer is a great player. #BYU
Follow Senator Hatch on Twitter at twitter.com/OrrinHatch.