Fellow Utahns —
This week, Senator Hatch was at the forefront of several key fights — to prevent the largest tax increase in U.S. history, to stop the Obama Administration from giving amnesty to illegal immigrants, and to bring F-35 fighter jets to Hill Air Force Base.
Preventing The Largest Tax Increase In U.S. History
If Congress does not act, federal income taxes are going up for all taxpayers on January 1st. I continue to lead the fight to stop the tax hike and highlight its dire economic consequences. This week he introduced legislation to stop the tax hike, but it was blocked by Senator Democrats.
Stopping The Obama Administration’s Back-Door Amnesty
For weeks, I have been working with my Senate colleagues to find out if the Obama Administration is pursuing a back-door amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants. We are working to ensure that unelected bureaucrats don’t bypass Congress and the legislative process to give amnesty to illegal immigrants.
Bringing F-35 Fighter Jets To Utah
Congratulations to Hill Air Force Base for being selected as one of the “preferred” bases to receive three squadrons of the new F-35 fighter jet.
For nearly two years, Congressman Rob Bishop and I have met with senior Air Force officials to call attention to the fact that Hill Air Force Base is ideally located and capable of handling F-35 operations. With two steps down, and one to go, Hill is on track to have one of the nation’s first operational F-35 squadrons.
In The News
- Republicans To DHS: Don’t Consider Amnesty. Politico, July 28, 2010
- Hatch: Tax Hikes Are Bad. The Hill, July 26, 2010
- OUR VIEW: Saving Jobs At ATK? Ogden Standard-Examiner, July 24, 2010
Selected Tweets – @OrrinHatch in 140 characters or less
- Obama Administration memo outlines ways to grant back-door amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants. http://bit.ly/ayVFJJ #utpol
- Dems blocked my amend to prevent the largest tax increase in American history on January 1st. http://bit.ly/a9Sd5p #utpol
- For 2 yrs, I’ve been meeting with USAF officials to call attention to Hill’s ideal location & capabilities to handle F-35 operations. #utpol
- Telephone town hall tonight with several thousand Utahns. Good questions on health care, immigration, federal budget, supreme court and more
- Joke Tuesday: I give President Obama credit for creating so many small businesses in America. Unfortunately, they used to be big businesses.
- The American people don’t want the federal gov to abuse its power by granting back-door amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. #utpol
Message from Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senator http://syracuse08.com/2010/08/message-fr… #utpol #tcot #gop