Last week, as summer unofficially came to an end, I hit the road for a good, old fashioned driving road trip of Utah.
The more than 2,000-mile, 29-county listening and sightseeing tour started Monday morning with ATK’s Ares 5 rocket test in Promontory and ended Thursday night with the Utes 27-24 overtime victory over Pittsburgh in Salt Lake.
Here are a few of the photos from the road trip:
- ATK’s Ares 5 Rocket Motor Test
- Delicate Arch
- Country Cafe in Loa
- Zion National Park
If you follow me on Twitter you probably saw these already. If you don’t follow me on Twitter, follow me today at twitter.com/OrrinHatch.
Have a great Labor Day weekend.
P.S. Senator Hatch’s Second Annual Economic Forum on “The Right Way to Grow the Economy” is today. Scroll to the bottom for more details.
Tweets From The Road – Senator Hatch’s driving tour of Utah in 140 characters or less
- Up early this morning to watch the test firing at our great missile facility ATK.
- Wow! The rocket firing test was amazing. Here’s a pic.
- Stopped at Lisa’s Country Kitchen at 735 S Main in Nephi. The food is delicious! Make sure you look for this sign.
- And make sure you say hi to Lisa. She’s the best.
- You have to admit, the town of Ferron may be small but the citizens have an absolutely gorgeous view.
- There’s only one word that describes Utah — BEAUTIFUL! This is a distant shot of the Roan Cliffs in Carbon County.
- It may be a 1.5 mile uphill hike, but Delicate Bridge in Arches NP is worth the trip. I highly recommend it.
- For those who have not been to Utah. This pic from Dead Horse Point in Canyonlands says “get your butts out here.”
- Been out on the road for several days now. Stopped and talked with lots of Utahns in 20 counties. Love getting around the state frequently.
- When you’re in Fremont or Loa, stop by Country Cafe. The food is wonderful! You’ll love the owner too.
- They keep Glenn Beck on the tv so you won’t miss it while you eat. Look for this sign.
- Yes, I stopped in Hatch, UT. Hatch in Hatch. I love that little town.
- Had some good stops in Vernal and Manila this week. Took this moment to see Flaming Gorge dam in between.
- For those of you who haven’t followed Utah history, Fillmore was the first territory capitol. Great museum inside.
- Governor Brigham Young chose Fillmore to be the capital and secured $20,000 of federal funds to build the first wing of capitol building.
- Just finished visiting all 29 counties. Zooms NP truly is the grand daddy of Utah’s beauties. [sic]
- Drove 2,000+ miles, visited 29 counties, talked to bunches of Utahns, walked miles of beautiful country, now capping it off with the Utes!
- Go Utes! Beat Pitt! Let’s start this season right.
Senator Hatch’s Op-Eds
- Time To Take Action Against Portions Of Healthcare Law. The Hill, September 1, 2010
- Thanks To U.S. Soldiers For Securing Iraq. Salt Lake Tribune, August 31, 2010
In The News
- Hatch’s Summer Road Trip. Salt Lake Tribune, September 2, 2010
- Coal Should Remain Vital To US Energy Future, Hatch Declares. Sun Advocate, September 2, 2010
- Hatch Does Hatch, U.T. The Hill, September 2, 2010
- ATK Conducts Successful Test Of Ares 5 Rocket. Fox 13 Salt Lake City, August 31, 2010
- Senator Hatch’s Second Annual Economic Forum “The Right Way to Grow the Economy” will be held on Thursday, September 9, 2010, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm in the Grand Ballroom at Utah Valley University’s Sorenson Student Center. The event is free and open to the public.