Fellow Utahn —
If there was one thing we could do to really make a difference in our nation today it would be the following: cut the size and scope of our bloated federal government. And that is just what I continue to work on here in the U.S. Senate.
This week I introduced bills to bar federal tax dollars from being used to pay for elective abortions under ObamaCare, and cut the bloated federal government down to size by reducing and limiting the number of civilian federal workers.
I also voted against $26 billion bailout of fiscally reckless state governments and Elena Kagan’s nomination to the Supreme Court — I believe she has an activist view of the power and role of judges.
I continue to fight for a limited, fiscally responsible government; first with the balanced budget amendment, last week and this week, with the limitation on the number of civilian federal employees.
Thank you for your support, and we hope you have a good weekend.
P.S. I want to hear your thoughts on a couple issues. Can you take a couple seconds to share your feedback by completing the survey at this link?
TV Clips & Interviews
- Senator Hatch Outlines Opposition To Kagan On Senate Floor, U.S. Senate, August 3, 2010
In The News
- Coburn & Hatch Introduce Bill Barring Abortion Funding Under ObamaCare, The American Spectator, August 5, 2010
- Hatch, Bennett Vote No On Kagan, Salt Lake Tribune, August 5, 2010
- Orrin Hatch Meets With Facebook Co-Founder, BYU Daily Universe, August 2, 2010
- Sen. Orrin Hatch, Others Propose Bill To Curtail Monument Designations, Deseret News, July 30, 2010
Selected Tweets – @OrrinHatch in 140 characters or less
- Introduced a bill yesterday to cut the bloated federal government down to size. #utpol
- Instead of bailing out financially reckless states, we should fostering economic growth and job creation in the private sector. #utpol
- The American people are overwhelmingly opposed to footing the bill for elective abortion. #utpol
- Just wrapped up a tele-townhall with folks from Utah County. It was a great call. #utpol
- I believe the evidence shows that Kagan embraces an essentially activist view of judicial power. VIDEO: http://bit.ly/d6cBeF #utpol #scotus
- RT @BBANow: Senator @OrrinHatch introduces Balanced Budget Amendment – http://tinyurl.com/3yhb2b5 #BBANOW #tcot #tlot #tpp #teapary #sgp