Via a source who wishes to remain anonymous:
"The company I work for has contracted with T-mobile and uses their "Dash" phone (made by HTC). Almost immediately after adopting the Dash as the standard phone users started reporting that it would get ‘very hot’ and just shut off. Thinking it may be a Li-Ion battery issue, we replaced the batteries first. Occasionally this would resolve the issue (and we simply RMA’d the battery), but typically we’d have to RMA the phone when the problem would repeat with the new battery.
"Finally, less than a year of using these devices, the unthinkable happened: the device got hot enough to melt. Luckily it didn’t catch fire, and so far no one has been injured."